Saturday, October 08, 2005

Healthy Boundaries

Here are some examples of healthy boundaries for you to create for yourself.

I will place specific conditions upon my willingness to enter into or remain in any relationship. I do this for my protection and for the benefit of the other person.

I would rather be alone than in a relationship, which undermines my good feelings about myself.

I will not love someone who is unable to love me in return.

I will not make, or accept, excuses for anyone in consideration of my real needs.

I will not give love to someone who has no love for themselves.

I accept, without any exceptions, that I am worthy to give and receive love, respect, and acceptance.

I have love and respect for myself regardless of what anyone else says about me.

I do not need everyone to love, accept, and respect me. While it would be nice if they did, regardless of their feelings, I will still have self-love and self-respect.

I accept that both my positive, and my negative, feelings are real and need honest, healthy expression.

I am responsible for the expression of my feelings.

I trust my feelings and have the ability to act upon them in an adult manner.

I will not enter into relationships that do not meet my healthy needs.

I will not expect others to be aware of my needs. Instead, I will accept the responsibility to communicate my needs to others.

I am willing to accept the consequences of my actions.

I will not lay blame for my own shortcomings upon another person.

I accept the fact that my feelings are one-sided and thus I'm also willing to accept the fact that you have the right to reject me for you own reasons.

I am willing to listen to your opinions of me, but I will not allow a lifetime of effort to build myself into a healthy person to be invalidated by your opinions.


=^..^= Reverend Brenda Hoffman
Independent Executive
Discover a way to increase your health and/or income!
E-mail me for more info!
"Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars." - Les Brown (American Songwriter, 1912-2001)

1 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Blogger Julia Elvarado said...

Web 2.0 day three: Silly business ideas
Admission to the Web 2.0 Conference costs $2,800. That's a big chunk of change, but the place is sold out, and the small conference rooms and the one large presentation hall are beyond full most of the time.
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Survive Domestic Abuse WebRing
There Is NO Excuse
For Domestic Violence!

This site owned by
INSERT YOUR NAME HERE
?
SiteRing by Bravenet.com