Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Affirmations on some basic rights

Here are some basic affirmations that you should be repeating to yourself.

Nobody has the right to know my mind.
Nobody has the right to know my business.
Nobody has the right to tell me what to think, feel or do.
I have the right to have my own thoughts, feelings, values and beliefs.
What I share with others about matters that concern me is determined by what feels right to me, not what they want.
If people are abusive or disrespectful to me, I have a right to tell them so, to ask them to stop and to avoid them.
I don't have to be nice to people who are not nice to me.
I have a need and right to love and respect myself.
I have a need and right to stand up for myself.
I always have a right to express what I feel and think for myself, as long, as I don't try to tell others what is right for them.
I have a right to be who I am and to harmlessly live my own life regardless of whether others like it or not.
I don't have to feel guilty for not behaving, as others might want me to.
I don't have to feel guilty for not giving others what they expect from me.
I accept myself just as I am in the moment with whatever thoughts and feelings I have.
I accept my right to make mistakes. (If I didn't make mistakes I couldn't learn and grow.)
I accept my right to my imperfection and shortcomings and don't feel guilty for not being perfect.
I believe that I should treated others with love and respect. I should also expect others to treat me this way as well.
I believe that if I'm true to myself, and live by the highest truth that I know, things will turn out for the best in the long run.


=^..^= Reverend Brenda Hoffman
Independent Executive
Discover a way to increase your health and/or income!
E-mail me for more info!
"Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars." - Les Brown (American Songwriter, 1912-2001)


Click here to join in on the conversation at our forum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Survive Domestic Abuse WebRing
There Is NO Excuse
For Domestic Violence!

This site owned by
INSERT YOUR NAME HERE
?
SiteRing by Bravenet.com